Personal Data Protection Policy COVAL
At the COVAL Group, we are very concerned about the protection of your personal data. We are committed to providing the highest possible protection for the personal data you provide us as per our obligations under EU and French law.
For further information regarding personal data protection in France, you can also refer to the French National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties (CNIL) website www.cnil.fr.
This Personal Data Protection Policy aims to provide data subjects with important information on how COVAL processes their personal data and on how data subjects can exercise their rights. It also aims to meet the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, EU Regulation No. 2016/679) that came into force on 25 May 2018.
1. Who is the personal data processing controller?
The controller who determines the means and purposes for processing personal data is:
COVAL - ZA des Petits Champs - 26120 Montélier - France
2. Why do we collect your personal data and on what legal basis do we process them?
COVAL processes your personal data for various purposes, for example to follow up on customers/prospects/suppliers and attend to their needs and concerns, to keep you informed of new products and offers or for recruitment purposes.
Depending on the purpose, the processing of your personal data is based either on the execution of the contract (manage and follow up on customers/prospects/suppliers), on COVAL's legitimate interest (send information, newsletters, invitations to events) or on compliance with a legal obligation (manage requests from data subjects who want to exercise their rights regarding their personal data).
3. What categories of personal data are processed?
The concept "personal data" refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
These data are required to process files within the scope of its activity.
• Depending on the case, the personal data COVAL is susceptible to process includes: last name, first name, work address, country of work and/or mobile phone number, fax number, work e-mail address, etc.
• Any information that you disclose within the scope of a recruitment process (last name, first name, age, professional situation, phone number, e-mail addresses, position held, place of residence, CV, etc.) is subject to automated processing by COVAL in its capacity as data controller. This data processing is required to process your application.
4. To whom may personal data be forwarded?
> As a principle, we do not forward your personal data to any third party other than those mentioned below.
> COVAL may need to forward personal data to various categories of recipients:
• Employees of COVAL France: the personal data are forwarded in view of processing for the purposes mentioned above
• Employees of COVAL's subsidiaries in other countries (Spain, Italy, Germany, the United States of America and China)
• COVAL's website is managed and hosted by third party service providers, primarily in information technology, and your personal data may be processed or stored by the same
> In any event, we at COVAL, will not transfer any of your personal data to other third parties whose business activity or purpose consists in acquiring new prospects in order to send them direct marketing material.
> COVAL may, however, be required to disclose personal data to comply with a legal obligation, at the request of an administrative or judicial authority requesting it or to exercise a legitimate interest such as pursuing its rights.
5. For how long are your personal data kept?
Your personal data are kept for as long as required to achieve the purposes for which they were collected and for the minimum storage period provided by law.
> Your personal data are stored and used for different periods of time depending on the purposes described above. More specifically:
• Personal data required to manage files within the scope of our activity are kept and used throughout the entire period during which these files are processed.
• Without prejudice to your right to form an objection to the processing, at any time, your personal data will be retained by COVAL and/or its service provider (if any) for a period of up to three years from the last contact with you. We will use your personal data to send you updates, newsletters, special offers and invitations to events COVAL organizes.
• Data collected during the recruitment process will be kept for two years after the last contact with applicants if the position is not assigned to them. If the applicant is hired, the employer may keep the data for the entire duration of the employment contract.
Personal data may be archived beyond the retention period described above for the purpose of meeting a legal retention obligation or to enforce a legal claim.
COVAL is committed to protecting your privacy. We implement every technical and organizational measure to safeguard your personally identifiable data, ensuring that they are processed securely and kept confidential.
To ensure the security of your personal data, more specifically to prevent it from being misrepresented, damaged, or accessed by unauthorized third parties, COVAL takes every precaution necessary with regard to the nature of the data and the risks posed by the processing (e.g. by physically protecting the premises, implementing authentication procedures with personal and secure access using confidential user names and passwords).
7. What are your rights regarding the processing of your personal data?
As per the law, you have the right, at any time, to access your personal data, to rectify any errors they may contain, to object to or restrict their processing, to obtain erasure or portability where applicable. You can file a complaint with the CNIL if you consider that your rights have been infringed upon. For further details on your rights, please refer to the topics below.
> Depending on the processing performed, your rights include the following:
• Right to object: You have the right to object, at any time, to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of sending updates, newsletters, special offers and invitations, etc.
• Right of access: You have the right to confirmation from us if COVAL processes, or not, your personal data.
• Right to rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete information concerning you that we hold.
• Right to withdraw your consent: For processing based on your consent, you can, at any time, withdraw the consent you have previously given us to process your personal data.
• Right to erasure or right to be forgotten: You have the right to demand that we erase any personal data we hold on you when one of the following applies: (I) the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected; (II) you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based and there is no further legal basis for the processing; (III) you object to the processing of your personal data and we have no overriding legitimate reasons to continue the processing; (IV) the data are unlawfully processed; (V) the data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
• Right to portability: You have the right to request from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format the personal data you have provided to COVAL in order to be able transfer them to another controller. This right is applicable when the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract and is carried out using automated processes.
• You have the right to lodge a complaint with the French National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties (CNIL).
8. How to exercise your rights regarding your personal data?
Generally, to exercise your rights and for any questions or difficulties regarding the processing of your personal data and your rights, you can contact COVAL through the following means:
- By post: COVAL - ZA des Petits Champs - 26120 Montélier - France
- By email : email@example.com
Head office :
ZA des Petits Champs
26120 Montélier (France)
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site Legal regulations : click here